Things I Learned in the Past Five Days: Part II–Great America
2. But I can still hang with the 14-year-olds on the big rides if I make it into a contest.
3. Riding in the front of Raging Bull is totally worth the extra wait.
4. Walking around soaking wet after the log ride is not as much fun as I remember.
5. Vertical Velocity is just as much fun as I remember.
6. Sometimes it’s worth the $12 to buy the ride photo, especially if it makes you laugh every time you look at it.
7. Riding The Superman with a cellphone in your pocket is pretty excruciating.
8. In a battle with a giant Jamaican banana, the banana will win.
9. Spilling an entire large Wild Cherry Slurpee down your chest (courtesy of the giant Jamaican banana) will leave you both chilled (nice) and incredibly sticky (not nice).
10. I can handle having an entire large Wild Cherry Slurpee spilled down my chest by a giant Jamaican banana because I am no longer 23.
11. The lighted parade will still be magical after all these years.
12. Magic Quest is about the coolest thing ever, especially if your name is Ian or Jack.
13. Amy doesn’t ride roller coasters. Who knew?!? The woman uses power tools for Pete’s sake, but she won’t ride on a roller coaster. Huh. On the plus side, it was great to have Amy and Grammy there to have fun with non-riders.
14. Andrew has a hard time finding cameras.
15. Some evil little part of me finds great joy hearing the 14-year-olds panic before and during rides.
16. Peer pressure works, right, Emily? We’re so glad you crossed over to the rider side.
17. Nothing compares to the rush of surviving a scary ride.
18. Nothing is more fun than reliving the ride over and over again once it’s over.
19. Great America needs to hire more people whose sole job is gum removal.
20. Riding the big rides with Maddie, Andrew, David and Emily makes me feel like I’m 23 again.
Yay for Great America! Last Thursday was a completely magically fun day from start to finish! Thanks for the memories, guys!